Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So You Said

So you said you would never lie...that you would only lie when it was absolutely necessary..when the other people involved would only benefit from it..not get it...right..isn't that what you said??? LIAR.

Yes you are a liar. I am a liar. The guy sitting to my right pretending like he is doing costing for ad spots while he is actually playing Farmville is a liar. There are so many kinds of lies and liars. The obsessive liars, the liars who do so only for fun, the white liars, the liars in denial, the God fearing liars, yata yata yata. But the most dangerous of them all is, and I quote Shakira and Beyonce, "the beautiful liar". He is all composing and yet so unassuming. He doesn't have one form. He comes in many shapes and sizes. We have faced this beautiful liar before, but do we learn from out mistakes. Heck No.

I mean you spend so much time, most of your life in fact doing what is right and believing and letting others believe that lying is bad, immoral, unethical, but against human nature? No. Lying shouldn't surprise anyone. We all do it. So don't pretend. I mean it cant be that big of a shock. Its nothing compared to Obama winning a Nobel Peace Prize for making promises, and Bono sitting back and applauding for him. That is a whole other issue.

Back to the beautiful liar. So lets not just say this beautiful liar is a man. It could also be a woman. It could be anyone or anything. It's faceless. The beautiful liar doesn't lurk around in the shadows like all the other scary things. Its in your face. It could even be you.

I hate this beautiful liar. This beautiful liar reminds me of a song I once heard and used to sing back in the day:

All I really wanted was someone to care
Instead you told me lies when someone else was on your mind
What you do to me, look what you did to me
I thought that you were someone who would do me right
Until you played with me emotions and you made me cry
What you do to me, you take what you did to me
Now I see that you've been doin' wrong
And played me all along
And made a fool of me, baby
You got it all wrong to think that I wouldn't find out


I found out. I found this beautiful liar. But its not anyone else fault. Its my fault. I seduced the Beautiful liar. Now I am facing the repercussions.

1 comment:

  1. wow. this one hits close to home. i'm neither afraid nor proud to admit it. i've been a beautiful liar in my time. but what hurts the most is being mistaken for one when you're really telling the truth. kinda like michael jackson's version of heartbreak hotel.. my own ha'penny? don't be a liar, it's just not worth the scars.

    ReplyDelete