Friday, October 16, 2009

A girl, a blog and the life in between

For a girl who claims to have it all figured out I don't know anything at all. In fact I keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Lets get the facts clear. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't really have an obsession. I mean not the kind that is treatable anyways. My biggest vice...MEN...or rather boys..

Britney or whoever said it first was right, "Cant live with them, can't live without them". But that can't be it. There has to be some sort of reasonable explanation for this. What makes strong independent women or whatever we claim to be, swoon over this species. What makes us turn against our own kind and bring out the claws for a duel. Beats me.

All I know is that there are an endless number of songs about women who have been betrayed, beaten up, tortured, unloved..yata yata yata..by men. If I was a singer that probably would have been my subject of preference as well. But its not really about the physical part..and that super being up above knows that. Its about everything else. Sometimes its the physical pain. I mean come on we work out like maniacs to suit the opposite sexes fancy. We are at the receiving end of all the pushing and shoving and yeah sometime we might get a punch here or there.

So all practicalities aside, more often than none, the pain we endure is mental or psychological. Don't get me wrong. It's not only the men who are solely responsible for it. Women bring it on themselves sometimes. SOMETIMES.

How do you classify this hurt. There are so many levels.

It usually starts when your a kid with a harmless crush. You kick the boys, spit on them, stick your tongue out at them, but really you like them. But god forbid you let them know. Yuck. No. Boys have cooties and the cooties are so bad that you cannot even give yourself a cootie shot to immune your body from them. Who know when this harmless crush turns into an obsession in high school. You start getting infatuated with the idea of this untouchable unreachable boy. He is cute. He is funny. And yes he is nice to you. So somewhere deep down you start imagining things in your head.

"Does he like me".
"Oh my gosh. We are wearing the same colours".
"He dropped me home. I want to have his babies".

::Sigh. Pathetic souls, we women. Torture ourselves till our only salvation is a man named Hersheys.

We finally realize that boy doesn't like us, but we still insist on showering praises on him and defending our silly actions. He knows you like him so he starts acting like the little punk he is and he avoids you. End of story. Crushes are bad for health. So its not really just a crush like Jennifer Paige said. She saw it this way:

"Its just a simple crush
not like I faint every time we touch".

Yes we do faint. In fact we imagine we did touch them. Even if for the briefest second.

When we don't find what we are looking for from the "harmless crush", we move on to the mature man. The substitute teacher. The dreamy man with blond hair, blue eyes, simply and lovingly called Sam by his students. Sam is happily married with a child on the way. Leave him alone. Its not going anywhere. Look but don't touch. Right. I literally had to fall flat on my face before I realized how stupid I looked and acted.

Next. More harmless crushes. More boys who avoid us. We mature and develop only to realize that yes what our mom told us was right. Boys like you for only one thing. At least it starts like that. They give you so much attention you start thinking "Imma Diva. A female version of a Hustla". Whatever. Give up.

NOOOOooOO. Come back. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. However its not always a short tunnel. Sometimes the tunnel is soooo long that it seems never ending. And when your in that tunnel endless number of boys will like you, will pretend to like you, will say they love you or will pretend they love you. Don't falter. Maintain your composure. You will always meet guys who might not say it but will be thinking the very words that 3oh!3 sing about in "Don't Trust me".

"Shush girl shut your lips,
Do the Hellen Keller and talk with your hips"

Poor Helen Keller. RIP. Don't worry about these pathetic men. They wont change. Nope Sirie.

When we finally get closer to the road of redemption...or try to get some closure to our single pathetic lives, we face another road block. Women. Yes you read right. Women are one of the biggest roadblocks.

There are sooooo many men out there. But why do we inherently end up liking a boy who has so many admirers. And as women instead of sympathizing with each other, we attack.

So that is it. Boys will be boys and girls, well no comment. What was the argument again? What was the point of this entire blog? Well nothing you didn't know already. We're scarred for life. Thank you boys.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to respond to this post with a long winded reply, simply 'cos I agree on a lot of points, and have tons of rebuttals to other arguments, but in the interests of time, my uncertainty about comment-etiquette, and considering I have a ton of backlogged work to catch up on, for now i'm just gonna say, in response to the last bit... You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long, long, long tunnel, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ der untermensch..I know we have varying opinions on this..and I am fine with it..whats life without a little bit of opposition??

    @ Engee...yes its a long long tunnel...but hey there are a lot of things that help us get there that make the journey more worthwhile..

    ReplyDelete