Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fat Free Me

Ever come across a person who is conventionally over weight yet happily goes around claiming that they are happy with the way they look? Well chances are that person is lying and just saying that to make him/herself feel better.

So how do I know this for a fact? Well from personal experience of course. Take it from a girl who has been "curvaceous", "chubby", "voluptuous", "healthy" her whole life. I have spent my entire life defending my excess weight. I have blamed it on everything from bad genes, to bad jeans and of course bad luck.

For 24 good years I have gotten away with it. But things are about to change, or rather have changed. My loyal subjects, I have resorted to registering myself at a gym. Yes. I have sold my soul. Sorry but it was about time.

So why did I take the jump? Mostly because of myself. Okay I'm lying. Partly because of myself. Mostly because of pressure from the world. When I say world I mean all the skinny people....all the fat aunties...people who don't mean to call me fat but call me other nice names which ultimately mean fat.

I am FAT. I have known it my whole life. But how do I explain why I am fat. My whole life I have been healthy, been active in sports and extra curricular activities and to top it all off I come from a long line of good looking fit people. I mean even my parents have been lean. So where did I go wrong? Well I don't really want to waste space and dwell on this any longer.

The fact of the matter is that I need to lose weight. Whether it is to prove to myself and people that I can be svelte, whether it is to make people shut up, whether it is to fit in or be fit in general. No matter what the reason is, I need to do this.

Today was the first day of my "gymming experience". It was great. I was never more determined in my life to do this. I mean I have always said I will not go to the gym. I hate the gym. Its so boring. Yata yata yata. Well things change, people change and mostly opinions change. So I think I have changed as have my opinions.

I'm sure you are also dying to know why I started one day before the New Year starts. Well the way I see it, if I was ever going to start, it won't matter whether I do it one day early or one day late. All that matters is that I do it.

I can't say this is going to be easy. In fact it will be difficult. But I'm not worried. I need to motivate myself. And I won't give up, not matter what you or anyone else thinks or says to me. Whether people help me through this or not is secondary. Now its time to fight. Fight the fat. Fight the haters. Fight the non believers. Sounds like I am going on a crusade. Well this is the ultimate battle for me and what I believe in. Didn't see it coming did you??

Well I am hoping for the best. Encouragement will be appreciated. But I beg you, if you have nothing nice to say about this, then do not say nothing at all. Because the last thing you need is to mess with a over weight, opinionated, hormonal woman who is suffering from a quarter (almost mid) life crisis.

Anyways. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. May you get to live up to your resolutions and goals.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you oodles and oodles of luck - you'll do it - you're as stubborn as the fat on my bum. I would like to get motivated, no puns intended, but I am still too darned lazy. Have a super svelte new year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just hope I don't act like me this year..when I say that I mean I can get motivated to do something very easily..but...I can get demotivated just as easily...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wont.
    But just so you know - you're gorgeous anyway whether you want it or not.
    This is for good health and good knees.

    ReplyDelete