Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Conditionally Yours- the Attention Whore

That saying "unconditionally yours" is so over rated. I mean Hallmark or whoever came up with it obviously didn't know what they were talking about. I mean seriously think about it. Does anyone do anything for anyone without there being any selfishly motivated reason? NOOOOOO. I swear on Mother Theresa. No one does anything without getting something out of it. Everything is done with a condition attached.

Lets start with the most basic example. Our livelihoods. Back in the day, people survived without bills, bill,bills and got along with a barter system. Even then, no one gave each other free things without expecting something in return. Even if the person concerned didn't give something back right away, there was always that expectation that they would give it eventually. Right. That waiting part only lasted for so long. Eventually everyone realized they can't be Mr. Nice Guy anymore and that there has to be a strict order of giving and taking at the same time. So that's how money replaced trust.

Well money is still one of those conditions that rule our way of living, but its not the only way. SEX, drugs, lies, videotape, rock N roll, are all conditions. There are hundreds, thousands of conditions, but the ones I mentioned are the most interesting. Oh don't give me that knowing look. You don't know anything. Because if you disagree with the fact that SEX, drugs, lies, videotape, rock N roll are all calculated motivations in this very world we live in then buddy you need to wake up and smell the pollution.

Its been nearly 5 months since MJ left us and went on to a better place. Everything from the lawsuits, the controversy's, the conspiracies, etc have died down. Then BAM.. Los Angeles decides it wants something back for hosting the memorial for the king of pop at Staples Centre. And you'll never guess what it is. GUESS..just try..come on..MONEY. wow go figure. Apparently L.A spent about $3.2 million to help pull off the memorial in terms of providing security and extensive police presence around the venue. Funny right? They are asking the event management company AEG, that owns Staples Centre to cough up the cash. Whats ironic about that is that Michael has generated so much money for the city which boasts of the Lakers and other money making machines. Yes so I get that Americans are still dealing with layoffs and the whole recession monster, but pay back for things that they never really asked for? Seriously. And we thought they did it out of the kindess of their hearts. RIGHT. The entire escapade and proceedings brought in about $4 million in revenue for the city with all the tourists and fans who gathered, with hotel stays, restaurant bills, transportation and other transactions. hmm.. So I know I am bad at math and all that but technically that means L.A. made profits because of the whole thing. So yes no one does anything for anyone. Ask Michael who died alone and in debt. Oops sorry you cant ask him right because his "caring" doctor helped him OD.

Just like no one in this world is permanent, no one in this world is unselfish or unconditional. That's the ugly truth. When a guys say he loves you unconditionally its rubbish. When a girl says the same thing its rubbish too. I don't think there is a point in saying things like that. We all need each other to get something we need or want. The sooner we realize that the better.

Take me for instance. I do a lot of nice things for people and people call me "Mother Theresa".

I say "Don't litter" when what I really mean is " Dude because you are littering, I might have to die sooner than I thought because you are contributing to global warming, you wiener! And you call me Mother Theresa.

I buy you food and you think wow she's so nice, when really I don't want to be eating alone. I buy you enough food for the week and you think "Mother Theresa", but all I am thinking about is how you're going to love me from now on for doing it.

I wear nice clothes, dress up and you think wow she takes care of herself, when really I don't want you to see how pathetic I am in other ways, so I decide to make myself "acceptable" to hide it all and hey I make you notice and get you to tell me how nice I am looking.

I clean up after you, and you think "Gosh she is such a neat freak", when really I am worried that my head will get messed up if I keep hanging around in this mess.

I do your part of the work and you think "wow she is so dedicated to her work, she is so good", when really I can't trust you with it because you might just end up doing a shi**y job.

I keep cutting your calls and insist on calling you back and you think "She's got so much money, ad she's so sweet for wanting it to spend on me", when really I know you won't stay on the phone for more than 5 minutes and I like speaking for more than that.

::Sigh

I think I just revealed too much. I don't know. I think its just a I-wanna-be-honest phase that I am going through.

Oh how could I forget about the biggest revelation of them all.

You think I write a blog because I need a space to vent, when really I just want you to give me more attention.

XOXO

Conditionally Yours,

The Attention Whore

5 comments:

  1. What do you think gave Mother Theresa her kicks?
    And why do you keep writing sex in caps? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like putting emphasis on the word SEX. It just proves a point without trying to hard to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are full of commercial existentialist angst. I devour it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muah! You are a bundle of pure, unadulterated madness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice write up ! U sound like me - in terms of being open I mean ... :) ...

    btw Is it bad to do stuff for attention ?

    ReplyDelete