Thursday, November 5, 2009

All I Want to Do is Have Some Fun...

...and I got a feeling, I'm not the only one....said Sheryl Crowe in the song by the same name..

FUN...what a relative term..Its so simple yet so profound. I don't know how there is even a definition in the dictionary. Websters defines Fun as

a. what provides amusement or enjoyment
b. a mood for finding or making amusement
c. violent or excited activity or argument

Hmm...its still so vague... I mean how many times have you suggested to someone that you should go out and have some fun..Who is to say that you can't have fun at home. It's all in the mind really or if you are me it all depends on the mood.

So yes I have different levels of fun. I can have fun anywhere, anytime, with a crowd, with another person and I am saying this in the least nasty way possible, by myself. But then again there is a time for everything, but right now its time for fun, or at least to dissect it.

So lets work our way down shall we instead of up. Since fun is a relative term and all that jazz, we can't really point fingers at Britney Spears when she talks about having a threesome in her saucy new single '3' now can we? No we cannot. Excuse yourself. But seriously, its her idea of fun. So this is what she has to say about indulging in the idea of a menage a trois :

Merrier the more
Triple fun that way
Twister on the floor
What do you say?

Are - you in
Livin' in sin is the new thing (yeah)
Are - you in
I am countin'!

Three is a charm
Two is not the same
I don't see the harm
So are you game?



Hmm..So three is makes it more fun? Am i getting this right. Yes so three was always by favourite number but I'm not sure about having fun the way Britney describes it, unless of course you give me both Justin and Johnny (Depp) at the same time. But since that aint happening in this lifetime, I would say no to Britney's idea of fun.

Lets move on to Rihanna. I always thought she was my soul sista, singing about all the things I'm feeling and more. Then she had to go and come up with the song called " Russian Roulette". I know Lady Gaga says "Russian Roulette aint the same without a gun" in 'Poker Face', but did Rihanna have to take Lady Gaga of all the people so seriously. Yes it seems she did. Read and weep:

Take a breath, take it deep
Calm yourself, he says to me
If you play, you play for keeps
Take a gun, and count to three
I’m sweating now, moving slow
No time to think, my turn to go
And you can see my heart beating
You can see it through my chest
And I’m terrified but I’m not leaving
Know that I must pass this test
So just pull the trigger
:BANG


Okay digital Rihanna died. Rihanna has a demented idea of what fun is..But we all get our kicks somehow. She gets hers by taking a chance with her life. Props to her. But it aint my cup of hot chocolate.

What about a Ladies night like Kool and the Gang sang about..yes sing a long.." Oh this is ladies night..and the feelings right..oh this is ladies night..oh what a night. Though I personally dig the Lil Kim version better. I mean come on the whole idea of a Ladies nights sounds better like this:

Uhh, never the one, packin a gun
Got some other raw chicks for that, lay your ass flat
I be the one chockin ya paragraphs, with laughs
Getcha back up on the right path
Ain't no stoppin me ladies from club hoppin gets my rock on
From flavors still frozen at Paradise joint
Booty shakin with the glass in my left one
Right hand sayin step...son
To me my girls is fancy fly bitc**s
Too my ni**az straight snitches, to them other chicos
Lady pimp ain't havin that shit
If you ain't got the cash to stash, suck my di*k hoes
Strictly a bell ringer
Lay another finger on this big bad one miss lady rap singer
I be the one to blame as the flames keep risin
To the top and it don't stop


Yes a night out with the girls is definitely fun, but its not fun all the time. In fact sometimes it can be overkill. Anyone who says they want a ladies night every night is either single or lesbian. Sorry, no offense. I have been down the single road my whole life practically. But things change. You move on. As you mature, grow and change as a person so does your idea of fun.

You might be wondering why I am not mentioning songs by men about fun..that's because I take pride in calling myself a woman, though I went through years and years of being a "Tom boy"...why the heck is it tom and not tim, or john, or rich..or something else..

Anyways yes so none of these "fun" things appeal to me on a day to day basis. I would rather sit back relax, watch a movie on my lap top, read a book or listen to some music. That is my idea of fun.

Now If had to make a list of all the fun moments I have had in the past few months I've been in Bangalore they would be as follows (in no particular order):

1. Night out at Zara's with Nandini and Chippy and an obscenely high check.
2. Mother and Brother visiting me in my new found domestic bliss.
3. Sudu's visit and office bunking expedition.
4. Mid week madness @ the Beach.
5. Every day at Radio Indigo is fun. (even the late nights, like when Shwetha, Nidhi and Sri Ram suffered with me).
6. Every weekend when I catch up on my weekly dose of Gossip Girl, Melrose Place, Flash Forward, etc
7. Lunch with Mitin every day for an entire week where he paid most of the time..yippie
8. My uncles house is fun all the time, because it is the one place where I am free to do whatever I want, whenever I want, no questions asked.
9. When Hijaz, Nandini, Partha, Chippy, Samiha, Swati cook for me.
10. Watching Kaminey in an empty theater and Taking of Pelham 123 with a "fun" person.
11. Meeting Neelima, Madhu and Nida, together and separately on any occasion.
12. Watching Shuba lead a fashion show at Nabs house with the rest of the gang following instructions while half drunk...totally fun
13. Spending time in my bed, aimlessly every Saturday and Sunday with my favourite pillow.

Phew..okay so Call me boring, call me sad, call me a loser. What ever floats your boat. But I am happy with my fun.

But from what I hear..living in SIN is the new thing..and since I am a trend spotter and "trendsetter" in my own little world, I might just jump on the SIN full bandwagon..but don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

  1. I like your fun. You like my fun.
    We are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun may be relative but I would totally have a threesome, simply because I can and not because it's satisfying.

    ReplyDelete